So, I guess I should start at the beginning. Adam and I found out Tuesday, December 15th 2009 that we would be a Mom & Dad. We were shocked to say the least. (No, we weren't exactly planning on this. And yes, I am a pharmacist and know how to prevent such things.) We'd been talking for quite some time about starting a family and being closer to being ready but we certainly hadn't made the decision to go for it yet. So, we were surprised.
At first I was terrified to tell anyone. It took me some time to even digest what it all meant and the thought of having to talk with someone else about it was overwhelming. I think I was pretty quiet that next day at work. Adam had Wednesday off and had planned to work on building some things he's been making for Christmas presents but couldn't even make a straight cut! We were distracted, and terrified.
After a day of contemplation, lots of thinking, and simply getting used to the idea, we tested again (just to be sure) and decided it was time to tell our parents. I won't go into all the details but will say that we were feeling very relieved and reassured after telling them! They all (well, Dad's still coming around) seem excited & very supportive!
Once we told our parents and a few people at work knew (It's impossible to hide anything around there - can't even buy a pregnancy test without somebody noticing!) I started feeling better. By that time, Adam was totally on board and super excited and ready to spread the news. We told Adam's extended family on Saturday at a family get-together and by Monday word was starting to get out.
I've been doing a little reading online but I feel like I don't know anything about this. I've got a lot of learning to do! We have a Dr.'s appointment Wednesday the 30th, so I'm hoping to know a little more after that. At this stage, I think I'm about 5 weeks along and expect a late August baby.
So, with all that, what I guess I'm saying is, we're going to be parents, we're pretty excited and we'll try to keep you up-to-date as best we can!
Have a very Merry Christmas & I'll post again after our first Dr.'s appointment!
Christmas Tree Hunting 12/6/09

Yay!! I'm the first to comment! Soo excited for you guys! Can't wait to follow your guys' journey as parents. :)
ReplyDeleteLove you Guys!!
ReplyDeleteI'm hoping for twins but mom would like to keep it to just one. Who do you think will win?
ReplyDeleteI'm voting on twins too..... ;) Keep you both on your toes! **Auntie lets out an evil cackle**
ReplyDelete