Thursday, February 11, 2010
Dr.'s Appointment Today
We had our third doctor's visit today. It was just a normal check up to see how things are going. Originally I was supposed to go by myself but when I casually mentioned this morning that I might get to hear the heartbeat, Ad quickly decided to join me. Everything was good; I've gained half a pound since my first appointment and my blood pressure was 100/60 mmHg. I was pleased. :) After that stuff it was on to the fun part - listening to the heartbeat! Dr. McQuillan put the goo on my belly and moved the doppler thingie (so very technical, I know) all around for what felt like 5 minutes or more. Occassionally we could hear my heartbeat, but no rapid baby heartbeat. She acted unconcerned, but I felt like her face was getting red. I was feeling a little panicked. After trying for quite some time she said we'd better do another ultrasound. As soon as she got the baby onto the screen we knew everything was okay; that little bugger was kicking like crazy! It's amazing how different it looked from just 4 weeks ago. It has knees and ankles now and looks less like a tadpole and more like a human. It was so cool! We could see the fluttering heartbeat again and she measured the heartrate at about 160 bpm. We still didn't get to hear the heartbeat, but it was evident that everything was okay. We didn't get to bring any of the ultrasound pictures home this time, otherwise I would have shared them here with you. I think that's the meat and potatoes of the appointment. It was pretty exciting, as usual. Adam has decided he'll probably just plan to go to all of the appointments from now on. :) I'm glad. I'm not sure I could have handled that ten minutes of waiting for the ultrasound without him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
when I was pregnant with Denum, I had a no stress test at 8 months and they couldn't get his heart rate to go up or him to move. Tried everything, then had me drink ice cold water, turns out he was asleep.
ReplyDelete