Pages

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Please Share Your Opinion!

I've been pondering nursery themes for awhile now and haven't been able to come up with anything I like until today. I've perused every online baby store I can think of looking at bedding and still haven't found a set that I'm sold on. I've been reminded that I have many talented seamstresses in my family and maybe we could just make something ourselves and I'm beginning to think that's the direction I may go. I was in a fabric store recently and this fabric caught my eye:


I have no idea why I like it, but it has become an inspiration for me to settle on a nusery theme of "music." I'm thinking of choosing a color scheme (purples and browns for a girl, greens and blues for a boy) and doing most of the bedding, window treatments, etc. in something simple like plain fabrics, some with stripes or dots or a combo and then using "music" accents. Guitars, drums, music notes, song lyrics, etc... What do you think? Have you come across anything decor-related that may make this possible? Please share your opinions and ideas! I just came up with this today so I'm still tossing lots of ideas around in my head. Can't wait to hear what you have to say!

6 comments:

  1. i love this idea! i actually just bought some of this exact fabric when i was in portland (for making coffee sleeves). Super super cute. You may want to look into what other patterns go along with this one (usualy the designer makes a 'set' of fabrics that all go together).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is a good idea too. Especially not making it too much of an extreme theme. Sometimes you can't find what you want and it adds too much stress to make it perfect. I am sure whatever you do will be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun!!! and can go boy or girl...and reflects you guys, and so fun!! No worries Jen... If you have trouble finding things Im sure that we can whip up a few theme pieces to go with the simple ones :) I also like that it isnt super "baby" so hopefully it will last longer as the blueberry grows! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see a Guitar Hero rockstar in your future... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that is a wonderful, wonderful, wonderful idea! What a lucky baby. I will do some research and get back to you! I know of some sites that I found looking for Kaiden's stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like a fun fabric that you can expand on it by having of a bunch of stuffed animals playing different instruments! I think it would be cute if the animals were dressed with vests or hats or pants or scarves that are solid colors that are the same colors in the fabric or colors that complement! Well,that's my 2-bits!

    ReplyDelete