Pages

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

It's Official

So, I've officially had a full-blown pregnancy related craving. Full-blown in that there were very specific ingredients required, full-blown in that Ad and I had to take a special trip to the grocery store, and full-blown in that the thought of it makes Ad dry heave.

I HAD to have a bologna sandwich this evening. And it HAD to be made with white bread and miracle whip. (Just like at my babysitter's house over 15 years ago.) I don't think I personally have ever purchased bologna, white bread, or miracle whip. But, I sure did tonight. And I'm enjoying the combination of the three, right now, in between typing this! It's fantastic!

My husband is appalled. But, he did at least go with me to the grocery store. And made fun of me the entire time.

So, I had started to think the pregnancy craving thing was just something people joked about. Not anymore. This is serious. Once I got it in my head that a bologna sandwich sounded good, it's all I could think about. I ate a normal dinner even. But I still could not stop thinking about it. It's weird. I know that some people say the cravings are your body's way of telling you what it's deficient in, but seriously, what could bologna, white bread, and miracle whip possibly have to offer my body? Nitrates and cholesterol? Yuck.

I guess we'll see how long this lasts. Either I'll fill my body with nitrates, or the dogs will have some pretty tasty snacks in the coming days. :D


1 comment: