We had a doctor's appointment yesterday and things are still looking great. Baby girl's heartbeat sounds just like it should. My weight gain is around 14 lbs, blood pressure was 132/62 mmHg (a little higher than usual, but not too concerning yet), and I had my glucose tolerance test. We'll find out the results of it (a standard test done at 25-28 weeks to check for gestational diabetes) by Monday or so. The doctor also measured my belly, but didn't explain too much about that. She took a look at my legs (I've been having some trouble with varicose veins) and did say that if it progresses too far she may have to take me out of work. :( Ack! I don't know what I would do if that happened! So at this point, I'm going to do everything in my power to prevent that. That means daily exercise, sexy support stockings, and extra sitting time at work. We discussed her practices on inducing labor and said she doesn't let anyone go more than 1 week past their due date. That means we can expect this baby to be born not too much later than August 27th or 28th! We have another appointment in 3 weeks and then begin our every two week appointments! I can't believe we're already to that stage!
In other pregnancy news:
* People have started noticing my belly more and more. I think everyday I get the timid, "Are you expecting?" or "Are you pregnant?" questions at least once or twice. I was sure in a town this size everybody already knew but it seems each day there's a new person who finds out.
* My cravings for processed meats seem to have slowed down. The current obsession is ice cream. I've eaten more Blizzards in the past several weeks than in all my life combined. They're fantastic! I received a giftcard to Dairy Queen as my Mother's Day gift from my husband. I couldn't have asked for a better gift! I was ecstatic!
* Yesterday was the first time I spilled food on my belly. I guess it really is officially sticking out now. Adam thought it was the funniest thing he had ever seen. (I'm sure you can imagine how funny I thought it was.)
* Baby girl keeps kicking like crazy. I feel her throughout the day and occasionally can see a little nudge under my skin.
I think that's most of the highlights for now! Be back soon!
You know I am always available to take up the slack if need be. Take good care of yourself.
ReplyDelete