Pages

Monday, June 21, 2010

Quick Update

The past week or so has been a whirlwind; Adam's class reunion, doctor's appointment, business trip to Las Vegas, baby shower, and Father's Day! Whew! It feels like we haven't stopped moving! Since I'm still unpacking and sorting through laundry, I thought I'd give a quick update about the doctor's appointment this morning then hopefully a detailed baby shower post in the next day or two.

We saw Dr. McQuillan on Wednesday afternoon just before we left for Vegas. Like usual, everything checked out just fine. Blood pressure was 120/64 mmHg, total weight gain was 20 lbs and baby's heartbeat sounded perfect! While she was measuring my belly, the doctor said, "Well, unless this baby has a major growth spurt, she'll probably be pretty small." My first response was, "Oh, good!" And then I quickly realized I didn't know how small she meant. We asked several questions and she explained that we're measuring about a centimeter behind what she expected. She said with just one appointment she doesn't get too concerned, but if we're still small at the next appointment, we'll do another ultrasound to be sure everything is okay. Our next appointment is a week from Wednesday (we've already started in to the every 2 week schedule) so hopefully the little pipsqueak will have done a fair share of growing by then.

I can't end the post without at least mentioning the completely AMAZING baby shower that Mary, Lisa, Shannon, and Anna-Marie coordinated! It was beautifully decorated, the food was outstanding, and I felt like the most cared about pregnant woman who ever existed. :) I was blown away by the amazing sewing skills of the women in my life, and completely thrilled to receive such nice things for our little girl. Like I said, I'll put together a detailed post with pictures soon. But until then, THANK YOU SO MUCH to all who attended and especially to the girls who thought of every detail to make the day so special for me!

2 comments:

  1. Jenn,
    I am sorry that I missed your shower. I had to work and could not get away to drive over there. I was thinking about you though :) I am so glad that is was a great day for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I couldn't make it either - thought about you all day! I'll be there for a week in August though. All three of us Scholz girls will be at your beck and call..... =) Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete