Every time I call my mom, she answers the phone singing, "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas..." and that's because there's been snow on the ground here since Thanksgiving. It snowed all day and night yesterday and finally let up mid-day today, leaving about 12 inches covering everything. It's beautiful! I keep saying, "But it's only the 1st of December...it's going to be a long winter!" One of our customers was saying it reminds her of the Winter of '85 when they didn't see bare ground between Thanksgiving and the 1st of May!
So, I guess the snow has inspired us to get into the Christmas spirit. We put up our inside Christmas decorations Sunday, including the tree. Adalyn helped. The outside lights will go up as soon as the weather permits it. (I suppose at this rate, it could be May.) And, we've even started on our Christmas shopping! I don't think I've ever been started on Christmas this early. It's fun!
Santa and Mrs. Clause visited the drugstore today for pictures. Adalyn wore her new dress from Aunt Karen. (Thanks Aunt Karen!!)
No comments:
Post a Comment