Wow, it's been a LONG time since I've posted! I suppose that's a reflection of how busy our December was. I was looking back through my pictures and realized I did happen to snap a few more photos than I thought I had. So, using the photos I did manage to snap, I'll try to give the brief summary of what we've been up to during the past month!
We met up with Auntie Shan and Jeremy in Ontario one Saturday that they were passing through. Auntie Shan gave Adalyn this adorable hat as well as a darling outfit that Adalyn has been wearing often. I played with Picnik.com and lightened these photos up a little to give them a different look. These are two of my favorites.
Adalyn has been FULL of smiles lately! It's pretty easy to coax them out of her now, and she even giggles from time to time. She seems to notice the dogs a little more now. The other day, River was sniffing one of the toys she had and she batted him away.
We got together with the Tolmans, Chamberlains, Kodas, and Grandmas for our annual game night and White Elephant gift exchange. Grandma Bev provided the 'head gear' and the kids tolerated it long enough to get a couple photos. As always, we had lots of fun! We were sorry the crazy weather prevented the Madras Tolmans from joining us. We'll have to plan a Christmas in July game night so they can come. :)
Adalyn has started reaching for things. She grabs hold to anything put near her hands, and whatever is in her hand, goes in her mouth.
Adalyn received several 'Baby's First Christmas' ornaments! This is the one from Grandma Carol and Grandpa Roger. Thank you Grandma Carol, Grandpa Roger, Oma, Grandpa John, Auntie Keek, Uncle Rodney, and Al & Bennie Tsuda! It will be so much fun to reflect back on them each Christmas as Adalyn grows up.
Adalyn wore her Christmas pajamas several times in December, including Christmas Eve so she could wake up in them Christmas morning. These pajamas are the first thing we purchased after we found out we were having a baby. They were on sale after Christmas last year, and we just couldn't pass them up.
Santa was very good to us this year (as always!). In true Perry tradition, Santa didn't wrap any of the gifts he brought to our house. As you can see, he brought lots and lots of books for Adalyn. She also received a couple of toys and movies. Oma and I made her stocking using the same technique my mom used when she made my stocking almost three decades ago.
On Christmas morning, Adalyn tried rice cereal for the first time. She wasn't a big fan. We've given it a try several times since then, and it's still not her favorite. We'll keep trying. This high chair was one of her Christmas presents from her mom and dad.
The afternoon of Christmas day, we headed to Fruitland for Christmas with the Tolmans. Uncle Col held Adalyn for the first time. She wore the Christmas outfit one of our customers from the store gave her.
And those are all the pictures I took! I missed so many things; Christmas Eve at Oma and Grandpas with Aunt Karen, Aunt Karen's entire week here, visits from Heidi & DJ and Amber & Robb, New Year's Day with Grandma Mary, the Kodas, and the Davisons, and much, much more! It sounds like my New Year's Resolution should be to take more pictures! I hear the baby fussing...time to wrap this up.
I hope each of you had as Happy of Holidays as we did!


Love the post! I think the top two photos in the hat are my favs, great shots and great "photoshopping" of them. It was gerat to meet her over christmas, I am so glad we got the chance to.
ReplyDeleteGreat post I like the variety of pictures/events that took place over the holidays. Looks like Adalyn had a wonderful first Christmas!
ReplyDelete