Pages

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Happenings Around the Tolman House...

Well, here we are, already well in to the second month of 2011! Can you believe it? Weren't we just caught up in the hustle and bustle of Christmas? Didn't we just celebrate the New Year? Gosh, it goes fast!

We Tolmans have been keeping busy during 2011 for sure. The following milestones have been marked on our calendar since the first of the year:

1/10/11: Adalyn found her toes! She holds on to them anytime she's on her back now.
1/15/11: Adalyn visited McCall, Idaho for the first time. We stayed the night and she slept all night in her playpen.
1/17/11: Adalyn turned 5 months old!
1/21/11: Adalyn tasted peas for the first time. She did not like them:



1/22/11: Grandpa John got in trouble for introducing bananas to Adalyn. (There goes any chance of her ever eating peas!)
1/31/11: Adalyn sat up alone for the first time.
2/2/11: Adalyn held the bottle herself for the first time.
2/5/11: Adalyn rolled from her back to her tummy. (She's been rolling from tummy to back for a while now.)
2/5/11: Adalyn giggled:



2/5/11: Adalyn saw her parents in formal wear for the first time:



2/5/11: Adalyn saw her Dad in eyeliner for the first time:


2/8/11: Adalyn mimicked zrrbrrt sound.
2/9/11: Adalyn chewed on her toes.

So, maybe I should elaborate a bit on the events of 2/5/11. Adam and I were talked in to performing at the Center Ball (the annual fundraiser for the Four Rivers Cultural Center (where we got married) in Ontario) again. This has meant that the past couple of weeks have been filled with choreography, rehearsals, and costume making. The theme of this year's ball was Ports of Call, so our dance teacher Peanuts came up with a pirate-themed dance medley for the entertainment. Our portion of the dance was a Samba piece danced with another couple. (I've been trying to upload the video but so far I haven't had much luck.) Adam and Carlo dressed as pirates and Marni and I were to be modern day Brazilian women. (Yeah, right!) Ad is such a trooper about all of this and got pretty into the whole pirate thing. I think he looked pretty good. He even wore eyeliner! Adam's Auntie Janet helped tremendously by modifying some cheap dresses I found to look like Samba costumes. All in all, it was a fun experience, but we're glad it's over for another year. Next year the theme is 'Out of Africa' - who knows what Peanuts will come up with for that!




No comments:

Post a Comment