Pages

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Girly Girl

Well, it's official. We have a girly-girl on our hands. Don't let the short hair and jeans fool you, she's feminine through and through. Sure, Adalyn likes playing outside and riding the four-wheeler, but she LOVES having her nails painted, wearing lip gloss, and putting on jewelry. And don't even let her see a container of lotion, she INSISTS on putting some on her hands, then usually dabs a little on her cheeks too. And remember Beeps, the Miss Piggy who replaced the pacifier? The one dressed in a hot pink princess dress? Yeah, she ranks right up there as number one toy.



Yesterday during her bath, I pointed out to Adalyn that her toenail polish had worn off. Normally getting her out of the bathtub is a chore, but last night, when I mentioned we should repaint her toes, she was out of there in a flash! We painted the toes, and she did such a good job sitting still, I decided to tackle the fingernails too. She did surprisingly well. After parading around and showing Dad her freshly painted appendages, she headed straight to my vanity and pointed to the box containing the jewelry I let her dress up in. She promptly pawed through it and chose several bracelets and a necklace. She then pulled out my hair dryer and we dried her hair. We finished off the look with a little lip gloss. After more parading around and showing off for Dad, I was finally able to convince her to put on some pajamas and think about settling in for the night. It wasn't until she had applied lotion to her hands and face at least 47 times that she finally started looking sleepy. If this is how she acts at 19 months, what will the teenage years bring?!







No comments:

Post a Comment