Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

Tolman Baby Number Two

It is my extreme delight to announce that we will be welcoming another little Tolman into our family, 
due April 24,2013!


We found out August 12, 2012 that this little one would be joining our family.  Prior to the big birthday bash on Saturday, we celebrated Adalyn's birthday Friday the 17th with just our parents at our house for dinner.  Adalyn opened her gifts from us; the last one (in keeping with the owl theme of her birthday) was this t-shirt:


Our parents were surprised to find out in this way, but I think they each suspected the news would come eventually.  We chose to keep our big news a secret from everyone else until after our first doctor's appointment. Boy, it's tough keeping a fun secret like that!

Our first doctor's appointment was September 19, 2012 and everything checked out perfectly.  Tolman Baby #2 was measuring about 2 days ahead of schedule at 9 weeks, 2 days.  We could see the fluttering heartbeat and even the movement of tiny hands and feet!

All my vitals and labs checked out right where they should be. We had a nice long talk with our Doctor, Dr. Shrum (same doctor as last time, new last name).  It was fun to see her and her nurse Ceedy again!  We discussed diet, exercise, sequential screening, the pros and cons of another c-section, etc.  We left the appointment feeling great and excited to share our news!

So far for me, this pregnancy has been much like the last; pretty great! I've had no nausea, and really nothing to complain about at all. I'm pretty tired and find myself eating more often.  I've had a couple dizzy spells while on my feet at work, but other than that everything's been great! The main difference from the last time is how much I'm showing! Those abdominal muscles just aren't the same after a pregnancy, are they? On a bad day, you'd probably think I'm five months pregnant! I'm not ready to post photos of the growing belly quite yet. But don't worry, I'll start giving a weekly (or so) update once we really get into it.

Adalyn seems to grasp the concept of being a big sister. Lately she's been talking about her baby sister. Sometimes Baby Sister is in Mom's tummy, and sometimes in Adalyn's tummy (thankfully never in Dad's tummy!). It will be interesting to find out whether it's a baby sister or brother that she gets! Either way, Tolman Baby #2 is going to be lovingly welcomed into our family! We're so excited!

2 comments:

  1. April is a good month to have a birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so excited to add another grandchild to our family!!!

    ReplyDelete