Pages

Thursday, February 18, 2010

New Toy/New Hobby

Adam gave me a new fancy camera for Valentine's Day! It exciting, and very intimidating! I've always envied the people who take great photos, with the perfect light, the subject in perfect focus, and the cool blurry backgrounds. I now have a camera that should make taking such photos a little easier. However, I know nothing about photography! I keep thinking I should see if the local community college offers any photography classes, but the possibility that they may assign homework has steered me away from that avenue so far. Luckily Adam is pretty resourceful and has already taught himself a few things. Our ultimate goal is to have it mastered by August so we'll be able to take some special photos of our wee one. In the meantime, we're making do with the subjects we have:

 
Adam's goal last night was to get ridiculous or funny shots of these two. (Please note: Cookie was not purposely neglected from these photos, she simply HATES having her picture taken.)

  
  
  
  
  
  

Is it evident yet that this baby couldn't be coming at a better time in our lives? Obviously we need something new to keep us entertained. :)

Oh, and since this is a baby blog and I'm trying to keep these posts pregnancy focused, I thought you should know I had to get up 3 times last night to go to the bathroom! Ugh! And I'm only 3 months along!

Have a happy Thursday!


3 comments:

  1. love the pics! (i too am envious of those who take breath taking photos, so i guess i'll add you to my list!) have fun taking photos, i'll look forward to seeing more of them. perhaps a few cows may venture by your lens...yes? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics! I see Cook's paw in one of them, so she's still included!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goofy dogs!!! I can't wait to see photos of my new grandchild!!!

    ReplyDelete