Yesterday we had a regular check-up with the doctor. Again, everything is looking right on track. Weight gain - 3 pounds since the first appointment, blood pressure - still 100/60 mmHg, and we finally had the chance to hear that elusive little heartbeat! It was pretty amazing. I was surprised with how strong and bounding it sounded. It sort of cemented the whole, "I have a human being growing inside of me," thing. It was cool.
So people have asked if I've had any weird cravings yet. I'd say, not really. It's more like if I am reminded of a certain food and it begins to sound good to me, then that's the one thing I want. The first time it happened Adam and I were in Las Vegas and there was an advertisement for brownies on TV. I'm pretty sure I made him walk at least a mile with me to find a brownie. The most recent thing it's been with is corndogs. I know, gross, right? I normally DO NOT like corndogs. But, the other day a patient came in to pick up a prescription eating a corndog. At first I was appalled and disgusted but then I got to thinking, "mmm, a corndog sounds pretty good." I tried to let it go for a few days but I just couldn't get it out of my mind. So, I finally grabbed one at the grocery store deli, hoping it would be terrible and that I'd get the darn things off my mind. But no, goshdarnit, it was great! Now I can't stop thinking about having another one! Ugh!
When I was pregnant with Morgan, my friends in Arizona, who came straight up from Mexico, felt that if you did not eat what you were craving it was bad for the baby. If I craved mexican food, it was at the store in 15 minutes. Give in to the craving it is a sign you need something.
ReplyDelete