I've realized I haven't posted much lately. I guess it feels like I don't have a whole lot to report. Everything is going really, really well. I have had zero morning sickness and little to no other major symptoms of pregnancy. And yes, I do realize how very lucky I am. I feel good, I'm still working full time, going to aerobics classes in the mornings, & Adam and I are still going to ballroom dance lessons. All in all, my life is about the same as pre-pregnancy.
I've started feeling some movement in there. I can't pinpoint exactly when I could definitively say, yep, that was a moving baby and not just my belly rumbling, but it's been in the past week or so. I notice it most when I'm holding still, usually typing on the computer at work. I'm not sure how to describe it. It's sort of like little nudges just behind my belly button. I've read it described as a butterfly flutter or popcorn popping, but for me it's just a little nudge. I like it. It's reassuring.
We go in for our next ultrasound this Wednesday! I'm so excited! This is the big 20 week ultrasound where they do lots of measurements and check to make sure everything is just so. Hopefully they'll also be able to determine the gender. Adam and I decided early on that we'd like to know whether it's a boy or girl ahead of time. We're planners like that. I feel like as soon as I know I can kick it into high gear getting the baby's room put together and painted. Most of the "predictions" we've done (Chinese birth calendar, dangling necklace test, old wive's tales) have said it will be a boy, but there are still a few friends who tell me they're sure it's a girl. Do you have a felling one way or the other? (I sure don't.) Hopefully after Wednesday we'll know for sure! (This is probably the only time in my life that I'll hope my child is not being modest!)
I'll provide the full update after Wednesday. And I know I'm past due for a belly pic! It'll be coming soon!
my gut says: 51% chance of a boy, 49% chance of a girl. I agree with the you on being able to kick it into high gear once you know...you have no idea how much cute but gender-neutral stuff I have come across. can't wait!!
ReplyDeleteI think it will be a girl......
ReplyDeleteI have no strong feeling either way, but since you say all "signs" point towards boy, when I think about that, it seems perfect. I can see Adam going crazy if its a boy. :) But I think you will both probably be just as excited either way... I know I will :)
ReplyDelete