Adalyn turned one August 17, 2011! That morning as I woke up, I couldn't help but think through the events of the day just one short year before and feel overjoyed reliving the emotions of that day, as well as all the days since then. A child's birthday is just as significant (if not more) for the mother as it is for the child, but the reason is so, so different.
I was fortunate to have that day off, so we headed to town, with Oma in tow, for Adalyn's one year doctor's visit. She weighed in at 20 pounds (35th percentile), measured 29.75 inches (50th percentile), and ranked in the 90th percentile for head circumference! In fact, they came back and measured her head a second time just be sure that was correct. They looked her over, listened to her heart and lungs, and gave her four shots. Everything checked out fine and they gave us the go-ahead to make the switch from formula to cow's milk. After the appointment, we ran a few errands and picked up some pizzas for her celebration dinner.
That afternoon, we had a little photo shoot in the birthday outfit.
Isn't she cute? Such a girly girl...
Oops! Lost the balance a little!
That's right Toots! Stand back up!
Wait a minute! What's in your hand? I thought you had just fallen over!
Mud?!
What was that I was saying about a girly girl?
Don't let the outfit fool ya!
That evening Oma, Grandpa, Grandma, Grandpa, and Wesley all came over for pizza and ice cream. Adalyn had one of the leftover chocolate cupcakes.
I think she liked it.
No comments:
Post a Comment