We celebrated Adalyn's first birthday with family and close friends on Sunday, August 14th. It was a fun party! We bar-b-qued hamburgers and hotdogs, had several salads, and drank iced tea and lemonade.
Adalyn wore her Birthday tutu and hair bow.
Her dad insisted on a "Candy Bar" and we had cupcakes and ice cream for dessert.
I'll let the pictures tell the rest of the story:
Drinks and Snacks Table
Candy Bar, Cupcakes, and Collage of First Year Photos
Oma and Grandpa gave her this John Deere Tricycle
Greta and Adalyn played Badminton while the adults finished eating
Yay! Presents!
Before this next photo, I should take a moment to explain Adalyn's obsession with clothes.
You know how most kids who receive clothes as a gift just toss them aside?
Adalyn's not one of those kids. She LOVES clothes. She packs them everywhere!
She pulls pjs out of her diaper bag and carries them around, she oohs and aaahs over the clothes in her closet, and she clung to all the new clothes she received at her party.
I'm worried to see how this will pan out when she's about 17...but, I digress.
Back to the photos of her party:
Dayten wanted to see Adalyn's new clothes but she wasn't having it.
At first she screamed and threw a fit, but then she just yelled at him!
He felt bad, so he put a box on his head
"Don't even think about it, Buddy!"
(Take note in the next few pictures that she refuses to let go of her new clothes)
Ad decorated this giant cupcake for her
"Really, Dad?! This is all for me?"
Yum!
Checking out all the new clothes
After all the guests had cleared out and Adalyn had taken a short nap,
I was puttering around the house, cleaning things up.
That's when I realized things were quiet, a little too quiet. So, I tiptoed into her room to find this:
She crawled into her toybox to play.
(And I know her leg looks really freaky, but it's really not her leg. It's Hannah's (her Cabbage patch doll) leg.)
Now that she's one, I guess she figures she can be totally independent and play by herself.
I was impressed.
No comments:
Post a Comment