Adalyn will be 17 months old tomorrow! 17 months on the 17th, that makes it a golden Birthday, right? Anyway, I thought I'd give a quick update on her milestones to commemorate.
Potty:
Adalyn has continued to use the potty this weekend! We bought a potty chair and some pull-ups and she seems to be figuring it out. The most fun is jumping up and turning around to see if anything is in the potty, then waving bye bye as we flush it down. The chocolate chip reward is also fun.
Play:
Adalyn loves music and dancing. She asks for music or to be sung to multiple times per day. She has been using her dino rocker more, and enjoys the rocking horse and spring horse at the respective grandparents' houses. She loves books! She'll sit quietly and turn the pages herself, or will ask to be read to. She loves her dollies and often offers them her bottle, pacifier, or whatever she's eating. She often says "Ssshh" around them so we know they're sleeping. None of them are allowed to wear clothes (we're not sure why) but if you question her about it, she'll go get a blanket for them and wrap them up. She also rocks them a lot. Perhaps her FAVORITE way to play is riding the four-wheeler! She rides with Papa at his house, but she also now has one of her own! Some family friends gave us a little kids one when she was still just a little lump. Ad tuned it up last weekend and now she BEGS to go outside and ride it. (He rides with her of course.)
Communication:
Adalyn primarily uses signs to communicate, but she's becoming more verbal too. Her latest word is "Uh-oh!" She says Mom "Mum!" fairly regularly, and can say Dad, but thinks it's funny to say "Mum!" when asked to say Dad.
Sleep:
Adalyn sleeps through the night most nights, usually 10-12 hours (aren't we lucky!). She goes to bed willingly most of the time and usually lets us know when she's ready. She still naps twice most days.
Eating:
Adalyn's not a picky eater (lucky again!). She eats most things we give her and especially likes cottage cheese, string cheese, and pickles to name a few. She still drinks milk from a bottle three or four times per day, but it may be about time to move away from that.
Well, I know there were some other points I wanted to highlight, but I can't think of them now! I'll update if I remember.
Happy Monday!
No comments:
Post a Comment