So, the title of my post indicates that these cookies are out of this world. Don't let me steer you wrong, if you've ever tasted cookies I've made, you'll realize the title isn't saying much. However, these are the best cookies I've ever made and as far as cookies go, they're pretty good. What I liked most about them is that they didn't get flat, and they stayed relatively chewy. However, I think what ultimately led to them being the best I've ever made, was this little beauty. I received a cookie scoop similar to the one in the link for Christmas, and I'm sure it's the reason I finally baked something successfully. It worked wonderfully! I'll never go back to hand rolling cookie dough again!
Okay, enough chatter. The recipe:
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar or 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 to 1 tablespoon milk (add this at the very end just to make dough smooth and creamy)
- 1 to 2 cups semi-chocolate chips (I used mini chocolate chips)
Directions:
1. In a large mixing bowl beat butter and peanut butter with an
electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
2. Add the granulated
sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, and baking powder. Beat until combined,
scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
3. Beat in the egg and vanilla until
combined.
4. Beat in the flour.
5. Add milk (from 1/2 Tablespoon to 1
Tablespoon just enough to make the dough moist and creamy.)
6. Add chocolate chips
and mix till just incorporated.
7. Cover and chill
dough at least 1 hour or until easy to handle. *This is essential to make non-flat cookies!*
8. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
8. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
9. Using your awesome cookie scoop, drop
cookies onto the baking sheets.
10. Bake for 12-14 minutes or
until bottoms are light brown.
11. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.
Enjoy!
I tried my hand at food photography and realized those foodie bloggers really know what they're doing! What I've learned is that I have A LOT more to learn! So please, excuse the novice photography mistakes and instead focus on the awesomeness of the cookies.
No comments:
Post a Comment