Pages

Monday, November 19, 2012

Baby Update

Tolman Baby Number Two has started reminding me s/he is there! Sometime last week I started noticing a few little wispy sensations, then it progressed to the popcorn feeling, and yesterday there were a couple of full on jabs! It is so fun and reassuring to feel movement in there. So far it's been down real low and always on the left side.

Aside from that, I have very few symptoms of pregnancy. My main symptoms are hunger, achy legs, and occasional dizziness. I feel so lucky.

Baby is supposed to be about 5 inches long from head to rump and about 5 ounces in weight.

A week from today we are scheduled for our 20 week ultrasound to take a detailed look at the little one and hopefully find out whether it's a he or she! Both Grandmas, along with Big Sister, are planning to come with us.

When we ask Adalyn whether she's having a baby brother or sister, the answer is not always the same. For a long time it was always a sister, but lately she's been saying brother. The one answer that is always the same, however, is what she'll name the baby; Hope. Boy or girl, she's calling it Hope.


Hope is a character in a book called Bunny Blue that my mom reads with Adalyn. It's one Oma remembers her grandmother reading to her. Pretty cute if you ask me.

Speaking of Adalyn, that little kiddo is talking all the time now! Some of the things she says just crack us up!

The other night she was in the bathtub and I was supervising:
 - "Mom, please go away. Go tickle Dad. I'm swimming."

She also loves to sing and dance. Some of her favorite songs to sing include, "The Wheels on the Bus," "Rock-A-Bye Baby," "Row, Row, Row Your Boat," "ABCs," and "Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed." She frequently asks to watch videos of these songs on YouTube.

I suppose it's getting to be time for another belly photo. Adalyn reminds me daily that it's getting bigger. She also talks about her own tummy getting bigger. She even told Grandma after a big meal yesterday that her tummy is getting bigger. (Oops!) I gently reminded Adalyn that actually, Grandma's tummy has been getting smaller, and that's not something we say to everyone.

I think those are all the updates for now. Happy Thanksgiving to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment