I usually save my thankful post for closer to Thanksgiving, but I had to jot down this little story just for posterity's sake. I'll probably do a full thankful post near the end of November.
But for now, here it is:
Yesterday, I was thankful it was two gallons of laundry detergent - and not olive oil or bleach - that jiggled off the top of my washing machine and spilled all over the laundry room. Looking back, I should have snapped a few photos, but in the panic of the moment, that was the last thing on my mind.
I was also thankful for a sleeping child. (Can you imagine Little Miss Talkative, "Mom, what are you doing?" "Why, Mom, why?" "I help?")
Lastly, and most importantly, I was thankful for the help of my parents! Every.single.day. I am thankful to have them so close-by. We rely on them for SO much and yesterday was no exception. The mess was discovered at about 9:45 am and Adam had to be at work at 10:00. That left me in charge of clean-up. I had the majority of the goop off the ground by the time my parents arrived, but there was no way I'd be able to budge the front-loading washer and dryer myself. (Of course it seeped underneath!)
It was quite the adventure, but eventually we had both beasts moved out, unhooked, cleaned underneath, hooked back up, and pushed back in. Whew! You should have seen me with my pregnant belly and my dad with his bad hips trying to maneuver everything around in a space the size of a shower. Like I said, I'm so very grateful for them.
Thanks Mom and Dad!
No comments:
Post a Comment